Welcome to the Bergen County Academies
- Ranked #1 in New Jersey, #2 in the Northeast and #15 in the Nation on the 2014 list of Top High Schools by The Daily Beast.
- Home of thirty six 2015 National Merit Semifinalists
- Home of the 2014 Third Place winner in the Siemens Science Competition.
- Home of the 2014 Fourth Place winner at the Intel Science Talent Search.
- Home of Two 2014 National Intel Science Talent Search Finalists
- Home of the 2013 Winner of the International Biology Olympiad.
- Named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education
- Named a Model School in the Arts by the N.J. Department of Education
- Member of NCSSS - The National Consortium of Secondary STEM Schools
The Bergen County Academies (BCA), is a free public magnet high school of choice for Bergen County residents located on the Dr. John Grieco Campus in Hackensack, New Jersey. The school offers seven specialized programs in the areas of mathematics and science, engineering and design, medical science, business and finance, culinary arts and hospitality administration, visual and performing arts, and technology and computer science.
Welcome to Freshman Year! Please join us on September 23 for a Freshman Parent workshop with Dr. Tom Kersting. Click here for more information.
Four of fifty students chosen as Governor’s STEM Scholars are Bergen County Academies students!
Congratulations to Katherine Chew of Glen Rock, Yashaar Hafizka of Bergenfield, Bianca Pereira of Fort Lee and Justin Yu of Edgewater. They will be paired with professionals at leading research companies in New Jersey, and work together on a yearlong program to collaborate with each other, the R & D Council and the Department of Education to ensure the advancement of STEM skills in New Jersey’s high schools, colleges and schools of higher education. This is a terrific honor and we are very proud of our student STEM ambassadors.