Welcome to the Bergen County Academies
- Home of the 2013 Winner of the International Biology Olympiad.
- Home of Five National Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in the past Five years.
- Home of the Fourth Place Winner at the Intel Science Talent Search.
- Home of The 3rd Place winner in the Siemens Science Competition.
- Home of 35 National Merit Finalists.
- Named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education
- Named a Model School in the Arts by the N.J. Department of Education
- Ranked #26 in the Nation by Newsweek (2013)
- Ranked #34 in the Nation by US News & World Report (2013)
The Bergen County Academies (BCA), is a free public magnet high school of choice for Bergen County residents located on the Dr. John Grieco Campus in Hackensack, New Jersey. The school offers seven specialized programs in the areas of mathematics and science, engineering and design, medical science, business and finance, culinary arts and hospitality administration, visual and performing arts, and technology and computer science.
Four of fifty students chosen as Governor’s STEM Scholars are Bergen County Academies students!
Congratulations to Katherine Chew of Glen Rock, Yashaar Hafizka of Bergenfield, Bianca Pereira of Fort Lee and Justin Yu of Edgewater. They will be paired with professionals at leading research companies in New Jersey, and work together on a yearlong program to collaborate with each other, the R & D Council and the Department of Education to ensure the advancement of STEM skills in New Jersey’s high schools, colleges and schools of higher education. This is a terrific honor and we are very proud of our student STEM ambassadors.