Welcome to the Bergen County Academies
- Ranked #15 in the Nation on the 2014 list of Top High Schools by Daily Beast.
- Ranked #26 in the Nation in the 2013 Newsweek Top High Schools rankings.
- Ranked #34 in the Nation in the 2013 U.S. News Top High Schools rankings.
- Home of thirty six 2015 National Merit Semifinalists
- Home of Five Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in the past five years.
The Bergen County Academies (BCA), is a free public magnet high school of choice for Bergen County residents located on the Dr. John Grieco Campus in Hackensack, New Jersey. The school offers seven specialized programs in the areas of mathematics and science, engineering and design, medical science, business and finance, culinary arts and hospitality administration, visual and performing arts, and technology and computer science.
Four of fifty students chosen as Governor’s STEM Scholars are Bergen County Academies students!
Congratulations to Katherine Chew of Glen Rock, Yashaar Hafizka of Bergenfield, Bianca Pereira of Fort Lee and Justin Yu of Edgewater. They will be paired with professionals at leading research companies in New Jersey, and work together on a yearlong program to collaborate with each other, the R & D Council and the Department of Education to ensure the advancement of STEM skills in New Jersey’s high schools, colleges and schools of higher education. This is a terrific honor and we are very proud of our student STEM ambassadors.